.

.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Wish or a Weed

   
  Is it a wish or a weed? God has been changing my mind on so many things. The biggest change came about when I finally got sick enough of the poor me idol to cry out for change! I have been a fire wife and fire family for almost 6 years now. Wow! I have never really relaxed into this calling God has on my husband.
    While the kids and I where at family camp there was a teaching for each member of the family. Husbands, wives and kids. I was very much looking forward to the wifey teaching but had no idea it would be a perspective changer!
     The pastor teaching said, " God has given our men a mission. A calling on their lives." " As wife God has given me a SUB-mission." WHAT! Seriously! This changes how I think about my husbands job. No we are not in full time ministry any more but what my husband does is his calling. God has a plan and purpose for it. I get to be his support my SUB-mission is to do all I can to help him with the his mission.
      His mission is to love God, love his family, and be a firefighter/EMT in our community. I love God with him, I raise and teach our kids, and I make sure his uniforms are clean on time, have a completely separate grocery list for his grab and go station meal and I expect nothing form him (still a work in progress) while he is home.
     Expectations are premeditated 
disappointments.
      I used to be super sad that Paul would miss out on things and have a miserable time. It didn't make him there is just made us there not what i could be. Really I say yes to more things that I probably would if he was home cause he is my favorite and I love just us time in the evenings after the kids are in bed.
     So, I am thankful for this perspective shift. God knows what He is doing and if we let Him build our lives there will be blessings that we never could have planned for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment