.

.

Monday, February 1, 2016

FREE!!!

     I got the impression from the Holy Spirit that it was time for some change for Abide Scripts. I have been praying and waiting for weeks about what it will be. If you have fallowed along at all you know that Abide Scripts functioned as a small business for about a year. It was profitable but getting paid to paint just wasn't for me. I love painting God's word onto canvas in hopes that it will jump off the wall and into people's hearts and lives. There have been countless testimonies of how God has used His word on these canvases. So many of the request I get are from people who know someone who is suffering. I have heard many hard stories and gotten to pray with many for loved ones as they come to pick up their orders. I know that I am to keep painting! I shut the business down and said I would paint if the one's requesting would purchase supplies. I heard through several resources that people wanted to ask for a canvas and didn't mind paying for the supplies but the having to get it and not knowing just what to get was a real turn off as far as contacting me. This ended up being just fine as I was starting school with our three kids and it hadn't really gone well yet (like at all ever). This school year has been very different and down right great! I have a lot more time on my hands as my man just started a second job to ensure that I can stay home full time with the kids.
     OK that is all the back story and now the cool thing that happened today. I was talking with my land lord as he was picking up his lawn mower up. He loves Jesus and is a pilot for Samaritan's purse. He was telling me that he had an opportunity to hang out with Franklin Graham the other day and how blessed he was to find that Franklin is just one of the guys and so very humble. He mentioned that its amazing how much God has provided for this ministry of taking shoe boxes of gifts to kids all over the world. My land lord shared a story of great provision. I was so blessed and reminded once again that God's provision is not limited. I shared with him that I was encouraged. I said I had a small dream to paint for free. I don't know how God is going to do it but I really believe He is and that his story encouraged me to keep being patient. You will never believe what he said next. "Jess why don't you go ahead and write your rent check for $100 less next month and use that for supplies." I of course broke down and cried right then and there! So it starts. Painting for free. This is still quite the faith walk as $100 will buy about 10 canvas' worth of supplies and I don't know what God will do from there. I can't wait to paint those 10! To celebrate I want to give away this canvas. It is the first of painting completely for free. If anyone would like to have it or get it for a friend just let me know and its yours!
12x16 in.

4 comments:

  1. I love your paintings, always have but unable to afford the extra stuff in our life, like home decor. So glad to read your update with homeschool, that this year you've seen a huge change for the better! God gets all the glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andi i get the no extra thing! May I paint something for you? If you get one my web site abidescripts.com there are a couple of galleries to get ideas. I would love to give you a canvas! I will just need to wait on God for provision for the shipping. But I trust He's already got a plan

      Delete
  2. Jess: this is my foundational scripture. the first one the Lord gave me in my walk long long ago in a far away place. Could I just save and use the photo for my profile pages? Want someone else to be blessed with the actual canvas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Of course you may use the pictures any time. The goal is not to make money so use it! God word out in the open is the goal!

      Delete