.

.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

ANXIETY OVER FALL

     
     This summer as been a life changing one for me. There is life before this summer and life after. The biggest change that God has done is helped me finally get it. "It is for freedom that He set me free." I have heard and read that truth a million times and still I didn't get the simple life changer in it. If it is FOR freedom that I was set free, and  I am bound up in any area, that is not the point. Jesus said on the cross, "IT IS FINISHED." When I accepted that free gift of Him paying for my sin on that cross, "IT IS FINISHED" is applied to me. The life of a christian is not to get more free, it is to walk out that freedom we have already been given. Good thing God doesn't expect us to do this on our own. After Jesus rose from the dead on the third day He hung out for 40 days. Then He went up to heaven through the clouds. Then the HOLY SPIRIT was sent to live in us. The exact same as Jesus on earth but actually residing in our bodies. This is a big deal people! The Holy Spirit isn't the second best next to Jesus. He is the same!
Now if there is any area of bondage in my life it is as if I pick up heavy, rough iron chains and scotch taped them back on my wrist. SERIOUSLY! No thank you.
       Now when I put it that way of course it sound gross but we do it so much and its a sneaky thing. Its like our hands go to work with that tape with out our heads even knowing it! A whole book could be written on this and I'm sure it has. If I ever wrote one I would title it "Scotch Tape and Iron."
       So, I profoundly realized the freedom I already have in Christ and all summer the Spirit has been ridding my hands of tape and holding them as we walk together the straight way of freedom and grace. This mighty work took place while I was in Headwaters with some dear teen aged girls from my church and Abi. It was a girls trip.

        I asked God what He wanted me to do for the next school year with the kids. (I home educate if you don't know me personally) I have not yet enjoyed home educating for any good length of time but I began to get really excited about it for this year as freedom walked out will only cause all that you do to be more enjoyable for yourself but maybe even more for you people. I want that for them.
        This morning as I sat on my deck with the warm moist air hugging me, my heart was in knots. Weather it is artificial anxiety (due to the time of month) or for real I needed to do some business with the Lord about it. "Lord, the geese are flying away and the school bus just beeped its way through the neighborhood. I want to sit down and bawl." I felt impressed to look up ONCE AGAIN Proverbs 3:5-6. I did. Then I felt nudged to keep reading:



        OK, not being wise in my own eyes right now would look like being content with what God has shown me to do next year. Turn away from evil. I read this part and with lolly pop eyes looked at God like what in my life is evil? Lalalallaal. "NOT TRUSTING ME." What that is actually evil, Lord? "Well its not RIGHTEOUS." Oh sheesh. I confessed and moved on in the scripture. The good part is next, healing and refreshment?! Sign me up! It really is so true. Think about the times you had something really big in front of you. You tried the anxious thing making you sick and then finally leaned your whole weight into God on the matter. The Creator of all that we see,  handles it effortlessly and refreshes you in the process. God's way is always better.
       Now I would love prayer over me to walk this truth out. I feel like an emotional teeter-todder on the matter but am determined to trust God with this next season and for the love, enjoy it too. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment