.

.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

What does HUMBLE look like!

       I have felt this pressing urgency lately to lay aside pointless things. To fill my pockets of free time with seeking God. I know this is God working in me because I don't desire this on my own. On my own I want to veg out and take a break from existing for just a moment. But lately there is a fire in my very soul and spirit. I am passionate about the lost being saved. Tears are filling my eyes as I type. This morning as I wrote in my journal God gave me something. Its not like any expression I have ever been apart of but I think it might encourage someone else. If not I'm excited about the visual as I function well with word pictures. Some times I think Jesus used parables in the bible just for me...not sure I would get what He was saying otherwise.


     I wish I could describe or illustrate it. I so much desire to put it on, in my life, with my people. Humility. Its like a breast plate for battle. It covers me but is not heavy or seen by the carnal eye. It fits my form perfectly even as my form maybe changing. It is not opaque but iridescent. Completely see though accept when the Light catches it just right. Then you see a beautiful shimmer like nothing on earth. It has hues of pink, purple, and yellow. It will not climb out of my closet on its own and strap itself to me. It is my choice each day to pick it out and put it on. I can't reach to fasten the back of course but in the still of the morning You fasten it for me, while singing over me Your songs of deliverance. As beautiful as my armor is, it is just that ARMOR. Armor is for war. In this war there is no blood shed but a much more serious end. It is a war for souls. You have already won but mankind does not get to share in Your victory unless they choose You as King. Your battle plan for me is to LOVE.  There is a battle over the souls in my very own home. The enemy would kill, steal and destroy all that we love. Ready for battle suited in my iridescent armor I will fight for them with You. You, the One who sang and gently strapped me in this morning. Hand in hand we pray and we love my people. Your work is mighty and mine is simple obedient, my friend my King. I hope one day they will give full allegiance to You the One True King. I pray they allow you to strap on and sing over them and in prayer and conduct. I hope they continue the fight long after I'm gone.

2 comments: