.

.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Shaking Fist

   
     

     Are you familiar with Psalm 139 yet? If not I would encourage you to read it. I have a new friend in China and we are reading it together right now. I have read it memorized and taught it to teenagers and still God is grabbing my attention and teaching me new things. That is just what happens with God's word right! Love it!  
     Have you ever looked at your current circumstances completely disillusioned and thought, "I didn't sign up for this." I have. The thing is our days don't go as planned. We have dreams and goals that don't ever come true or just haven't yet and we fear they never will. My response to this disillusionment in the past has been shake my fist at God and blame Him for not being good enough to give me exactly what I want. Kind of like a spoiled 3 year old. 
     If we are to take God at His word then we have to believe (not necessarily feel) that we are SEEN. He saw us before our own Mom's. God formed our days. That is fancy talk for He has a plan for our lives. Can we mess with His plan by our disobedience and rebellion, AH YEAH! 
     There are so many reasons why our lives don't go as planned. We may have made plans with out checking with God. We may be suffering as result of our own rebellion. We may be in an uncomfortable situation because of someone else's sin (that one is an easy one to blame on God, I know! ). There are many more reasons. 
     Here's how I would like to encourage today. Shaking our fist at God does only one thing. Cuts you off from the ONE SOURCE for help in your current situation. There is not promise of peace from this world. If you have lived long at all you know this to be true. There is nothing that you can do, buy, or experience that comforts for any sustainable length of time. But if we will believe God and what He says about Him self (HE is good and He loves us) and ourselves (we are valuable enough to Him to die for) then we get to grow in peace. 

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

     Now peace is a fruit of the spirit. With much of God's economy we start with a seed, He cultivates it if we choose to abide and then there is fruit for us, God and other's to enjoy. (John 15) 
     Were ever you are at in your growth may I encourage you to ABIDE. Stay connected to the source of growth and peace. 
     

Phil. 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

*A friend of mine wrote on the "I didn't sign up for this" heart. Great read and you can HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment